It is the most preferred dish by Pakistanis. Chicken Biryani has its essence all over the place from restaurants to home and is an ideal amalgamation of rice and cooked meat with desi flavours. It is one of the necessary dishes for all extraordinary events.
1- basmati- rice (2 cups)
2- chicken pieces (3/4kg)
3- large, sliced onion (3)
4- yoghurt (1 cup)
5- ginger paste (1 tsp)
6- garlic paste (1/2 tsp)
7- green chilli paste (1 tsp)
8- tomato puree (1/2 cup)
9- red chilli powder (2 tsp)
10- turmeric powder (1 tsp)
11- roasted cumin powder (1 tsp)
12- cardamom powder (1/2 tsp)
13- garam masala powder (2 tsp)
14- milk (1/2 cup)
15- saffron (a pinch)
16- coriander powder (1 tsp)
17- chopped green coriander leaves (2 tbsp)
18- Water (3 1/2 cups)
19- Oil (7 tbsp)
20- Salt as required
1. Make a mixture with yoghurt, tomato puree, green chilli and ginger garlic paste. Also use red chilli, roasted cumin, turmeric, garam masala as well as coriander powder and salt in the mixture.
2. Take the chicken and marinade it in the same mixture above. Then, let it rests for 3-4 hours.
3. Pour oil in a pan; therefore, heat it. Then, fry onions till they become golden-brown.
4. Now, add the marinated chicken and cook the entire mixture for 10 minutes.
5. After that, take the rice and add 3 1/2 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Also, take the saffron-mix it with the milk and add to the rice.
6. Lastly, along with the marinade add the cardamom powder and the chicken pieces.
7. Mix all the ingredients gently.
8. Cover the utensil with the cooker lid and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
8. Your scrumptious chicken biryani formula is prepared at this point!