Dengue virus is a type of a single-stranded RNA which is basically the sole cause of dengue fever. Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne disease transmitted by the Aedes Mosquito. The origin is thought to be in Africa which was then transferred to the Asian Countries promptly.
Quick Facts about Dengue
1. Also called hemorrhagic fever, break-bone fever, dandy fever or dengue shock syndrome
2. Virus prefers to grow in fresh and clean water
3. Transmitted only through Aedes species of mosquitoes
4. All age groups can fall prey to it
5. Mainly targets the disruption of WBCs
6. Dengue virus has five serotypes that is why it is difficult to control through vaccination
7. An estimate shows 390 million infections each year
3. Muscular and joint pain
4. Slight bleeding
5. Occult-orbital pain
1. Wear full sleeve clothes
2. Use mosquito repellents
3. Do not let water stand and cover the water tanks, buckets and tubs.
Image source: worldnomads.com